Finale

Filed under: ,

My mind was already flying even before the exam ended.

"Five more minutes, and this madness will be over," I told myself.

"Time is up. Candidates must now stop writing." The announcement that many of us were waiting finally came.

It begins in summer 2005. After spending two years studying A' Level at Taylors, Malaysia, I came to Australia with new hope. After all, it was a dream to study overseas and I fought hard to make the dream comes true.

Now, four years later, I made the decision to go back to my home country next year. I will stay there for at least one full year before deciding where to go and what to do next. I'm fully committed to the task in front of me, but at the same time fully aware that the place is not my home. That's a place where I have always been regarded as second to someone regardless of how hard I worked and how much I achieved.

I am grateful to them. It's true that they shaped my personality and I won't be standing here today without their "support" all this while. It was a painful journey that I don't want anyone to go through. If I have children, I want them to realise that there is no such thing as fair and square in this world. I will treat them equally, but it's wrong to expect everyone else to do the same. This is perhaps one of the most valuable lesson my parents have taught me over the past 23 years.

0 comments: